The Opportunity Center-Easter Seals Community Rehabilitation Program is a training and employment resource centrally located at 6300 McClellan Blvd., Anniston, Alabama 36202. It is owned and operated by the Alabama Easter Seal Society, and is an agency of the United Way. Many individuals served through the Opportunity Center programs are referred by the Adult Vocational Rehabilitation Service (AVRS). Clients residing in Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Randolph, and Talladega counties are eligible for services. The primary goal of the Opportunity Center is to enable disabled individuals to develop personally and vocationally and to learn skills and work habits necessary to obtain and maintain competitive employment.
Services offered include:
Assessment: Vocational Evaluation/Situational Assessment, Career Exploration, and Pre-Employment Testing (in-house or on-site).
Employability Development: Work/Personal Adjustment Training, Mobile Adjustment, Job Readiness Classes, Driver's Education, GED, Personal Development Training, Counseling Support Groups, Computer Training and Forklift Training.
Employment Services: Job Development, Job Coaching, Job Retention, Follow-Up, and Supported Employment.
Support Services: Meals and Transportation.
Work Services and Workshop Employment: May be available to those individuals who have completed a rehabilitation program (usually to complete primary contracts within the workshop). Additionally, a limited number of positions may be available to non-disabled individuals.
Contract Services: The Opportunity Center offers a state of the art, well equipped manufacturing and servicing facility supplying local industries and military services.
To provide vocational development and extended employment for the mentally, emotionally and physically disabled and other persons with barriers to employment to maximize their employment potential.
Three important components of this mission include:
History of the Opportunity Center
The Opportunity Center - Easter Seals was founded in 1956 as a Homebound Program serving the disabled in their homes.
The work center opened on September 10, 1956 serving 25 clients who trained on numerous contracts for local industries.
Buildings and program expansion continues through funds from the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, the Rotary Club and the estate of Judge L. B. Liles.
Growth and quality services continue to generate more job placements and client referrals.
Our Service Area